Faculty and staff supported by Biology IT may reserve rooms by using an Outlook resource calendar. The 541 Science 2 conference room is being used in this example.
Room calendars are scheduled using a Microsoft Exchange calendar. To reserve a room, open Microsoft Outlook, click on Calendar, then click on the Open Calendar button. Select From Room List...
Once the dialog is open, do these four steps to view the calendar for the room you wish to reserve:
- Type "Science" or "sci" or other building name in the search field.
- Click the room you wish to reserve. In this case 'Science II 541 Conference"
- Click Rooms.
- Click OK.
You can now view the calendar from your list of calendars and make a reservation.
Room calendars are scheduled using a Microsoft Exchange calendar. To reserve a room, open Microsoft Outlook, click on Calendar button in the lower left corner.
Click on Open Shared Calendar and do a search for Science II.
- Click on Open Calendar
- Type science ii or sci or another building in the search box
- Select the room
- Select Open
You can now view the calendar and make a reservation, look for Science II 541 Conference and make sure the box to the left is ticked.
- Go to https://outlook.office365.com and login
- Click on the boxes in the upper left and select Calendar
- Click on Add Calendar > From Directory
- Type "science ii" and select Science II 541 Conference Room
- Click Open
Login and select calendar
Add Calendar > From Directory
Type "science ii" or "sci" or another building and select the calendar. It should search as you type, but you may need to click 'Search Directory' and then click open
You can now view the calendar and make a reservation, look for Science II 541 Conference and select it so it is highlighted.