How to set up Luggage within a Wordpress root:
- Separate the DocumentRoot(s):
Luggage sites should be installed outside of the wordpress document root. For example, on one LAS web server, we are doing this in /srv/luggage/<deptcode>/<site>.
- The Virtualhost should be modified to add an alias for the site under (and yet outside of) the wordpress installation.
# Drupal Luggage Aliasses
Alias /luggage /some/path/to/luggage-site
Require all granted
- Modify the local .htaccess in /some/path/to/luggage-site. Since this drupal install is not the primary target, we need to set the RewriteBase to the target of the vhost alias.
# Modify the RewriteBase if you are using Drupal in a subdirectory or in a
# VirtualDocumentRoot and the rewrite rules are not working properly.
# For example if your site is at http://example.com/drupal uncomment and
# modify the following line:
# RewriteBase /drupal
# If your site is running in a VirtualDocumentRoot at http://example.com/,
# uncomment the following line:
# RewriteBase /
- All permissions on directories should be 2770. File permissions should be 0660.
- Shibboleth: Information forthcoming...