Biology IT has a pool of checkout devices available for checkout and workshop purposes. Checkout is limited to faculty, staff, postdocs, visiting scientists, and graduate students that are affiliated with departments supported by Biology IT. Software installed on the laptops includes Microsoft Office, Cisco AnyConnect VPN client, Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. Some of the Dell laptops have SAS and ArcGIS installed.
We have an online checkout system called R&R that is used to reserve checkout items.
- Go to https://booking.its.iastate.edu.
- Login with your Net-ID and password
- Click on Booking in the upper menu bar
- Select a Resource Type of device from the menu on the left. Biology IT managed checkouts begin with "Biology IT"
- Change the dates below for when you want to book
- Select the item you want in the right hand side (click in one of the boxes)
- Select and confirm the date you want to pick it up and the date you want to return. You may also put any requests or notes under 'Booking Request'. Click Add
- You will receive an email confirming your booking reservation.
- To pick up: Go to 537 Science II between 8:00am -5:00pm on your pickup date
- When your item is scheduled to be returned, you will receive an email. Drop off your item on your originally scheduled return date in 537 Science II.
Devices Available to Check Out:
- Apple MacBooks
- Dell Laptops
- Lenovo X1 Carbon
- Surface Pro
- Apple iPads
- Projectors and presenter/laser pointers
- Adapters, cables, and power adapters
- GoPro cameras
- GoPro accessories such as remotes, mic kits, mounts, and tripods
All checkout items are located in 537 Science II. We are open standard ISU hours - 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday.
If you do not collect the item on the date it was set to be picked up, your reservation will be automatically canceled. If you want to reserve an item long-term (greater than 30 days) please contact us at 294-4048 or email email@example.com and we can make further arrangements.
Checkout Agreement Terms and Conditions
You must return all equipment to 537 Science II by 4:30 PM on the day the checked out equipment is due to be returned (unless special arrangements have been made in advance). If the checked out equipment is not returned on time, you may be charged a late fee.
While this checked out equipment is in your possession, you are responsible for it at all times. You may not lend it to anyone else. DO NOT LEAVE ANY EQUIPMENT UNATTENDED. All original equipment must be returned as issued. You will be responsible for the cost of any repairs for items that are damaged while in your possession (not to exceed the replacement cost of the item). It is strongly advised that food and drinks not be consumed near the checked out item in order to prevent spills and damage.
When returning the checked out item, ensure the equipment is properly checked in by returning it to 537 Science II staff members rather than leaving it on a counter or desk. You are responsible for the items until a staff member checks it in.
You are responsible for saving your work on your own media (external hard drive, flash drive, etc.). Any data stored on the hard drive of the laptop will be erased upon checkin. ISU and the ENT, NREM, GDCB and EEOB departments are not responsible for any data loss or data corruption that may occur.
- All equipment must follow the Iowa State University Policies. View the Information and Technology Policies.