Biology IT has a pool of checkout devices available for Biology IT supported users.
- Checkout is limited to faculty, staff, postdocs, visiting scientists, and graduate students affiliated with departments supported by Biology IT.
- BCB graduate students also have MacBooks available for their exclusive use.
- Items are due back by 4:00pm the day they are scheduled to be returned in 537 Science 2
- To request to reserve an item long-term (greater than 30 days) please contact us at 294-4048 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we can make further arrangements.
- Items not picked up on their scheduled date will have the reservation automatically canceled.
- All checkout items are located in 537 Science 2.
- Items are only available for pickup and return during normal ISU hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm on Monday - Friday.
- Software installed: Microsoft Office, Cisco AnyConnect VPN client, Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox.
- Dell laptops are Windows 10 with SAS and ArcGIS installed.
- Self Service and Software Center is also available.
How to Reserve Items
We have an online checkout system called R&R that is used to reserve checkout items. The system automatically emails with reservation reminders for pickup, return, and overdue notices.
- Go to https://booking.its.iastate.edu.
- Login with your Net-ID and password
- Click on Booking in the upper menu bar
- Select a Resource Type of device from the menu on the left. Biology IT managed checkouts begin with "Biology IT"
- BCB grad students have MacBooks available for their specific use - under Biology IT BCBGSO
- Change the dates below for when you want to book
- Select the item you want in the right hand side (click in one of the boxes)
- Select and confirm the date you want to pick it up and the date you want to return. You may also put any requests or notes under 'Booking Request'. Click Add
- You will receive an email confirming your booking reservation.
- To pick up: Go to 537 Science 2 between 8:00am - 5:00pm on your pickup date
- When your item is scheduled to be returned, you will receive an email. Drop off your item on your originally scheduled return date in 537 Science 2.
Devices Available to Check Out
|Total Available||Equipment Type||Specifications|
|5||MacBook Air 13"||1.3-1.8 GHz i5/i7, 4-8 GB RAM, 120-250 GB SSD|
|8||MacBook Pro 13"||2.3-2.9 GHz i5/i7, 8-16 GB RAM, 120-240 GB SSD|
|2||MacBook Pro 15"||2.0-2.4 GHz i7, 8 GB RAM, 120-240 GB SSD|
|22||Dell Latitude E5450||2.2 GHz i5, 8 GB RAM, 250 GB SSD|
|1||Dell Latitude E5440||1.7 GHz i3, 16 GB RAM, 250 GB SSD|
|1||Dell Latitude E7440||2.5 GHz i5, 8 GB RAM, 250 GB SSD|
|3||iPad 2||iOS 9, 64 GB storage|
|3||Epson PowerLite 1771 Projector||Native Resolution: 1280 x 800. Includes power cable, VGA cable, HDMI cable, Mini DP to VGA adapter, remote, and carrying case|
|1||Portable projector screen||For use with the above projectors|
|1||Logitech RU77||Cordless presenter and laser pointer. Includes case, presenter, USB Bluetooth adapter, 2 AA batteries. Spare batteries not included.|
|1||Logitech R400||Cordless presenter and laser pointer. Includes case, presenter, USB receiver, 2 AAA batteries. Spare batteries are not included.|
|3||GoPro Hero4 Silver||
GoPro Hero4 Silver with built-in touch LCD screen. Supports 720p/1080p/4K video with audio. Includes carrying case, standard housing, 2 rechargeable batteries, USB battery charger, 64 GB MicroSD card, microSD to SDHC Adapter, mini USB to USB Cable, micro HDMI to HDMI cable, and 3.5 mm mic adapter
|5||MacBook Power Adapters||2 MagSafe 1, 1 MagSafe 2, and 2 USB-C power adapters|
|2||Dell Power Adapters||Works with most Dell Latitude laptops.|
|1||External CD/DVD Drive||
The drive is powered by one or two available USB 2.0 ports with one USB Y cable, depending on configuration. No power adapter is included or necessary. Includes USB cable and drive
|1||Blue Snowball ICE Microphone||USB 2.0 B to USB A connection Adjustable-mini stand|
|1||Logitech C920 Webcam||USB capable.|
|Go Pro Mounts and Accessories||Mounts: flex clamp, gooseneck, handlebar, tripod, suction mount, bendable tripod, wrist. MicroSD card, Mic kit, hardware mounting kits.|
|Misc. Adapters||Mini DisplayPort to VGA, DVI, or HDMI adapters. HDMI to VGA adapters. USB C to USB A adapter. USB C to USB cable. USB to Lightning (Apple) cable. USB to Micro USB cable. USB to Media card adapter.|
Checkout Agreement Terms and Conditions
You must return all equipment to 537 Science 2 by 4:00 PM on the day the checked out equipment is due to be returned (unless special arrangements have been made in advance). If the checked out equipment is not returned on time, you may be charged a late fee.
While this checked out equipment is in your possession, you are responsible for it at all times. You may not lend it to anyone else. DO NOT LEAVE ANY EQUIPMENT UNATTENDED. All original equipment must be returned as issued. You will be responsible for the cost of any repairs for items that are damaged while in your possession (not to exceed the replacement cost of the item). It is strongly advised that food and drinks not be consumed near the checked out item in order to prevent spills and damage.
When returning the checked out item, ensure the equipment is properly checked in by returning it to 537 Science 2 staff members rather than leaving it on a counter or desk. You are responsible for the items until a staff member checks it in.
You are responsible for saving your work on your own media (external hard drive, flash drive, etc.). Any data stored on the hard drive of the laptop will be erased upon check in. ISU and the ENT, NREM, GDCB, BBMB, and EEOB departments are not responsible for any data loss or data corruption that may occur.
- All equipment must follow the Iowa State University Policies. View the Information and Technology Policies.